Monday, August 15, 2011

Millions of Peaches....

One of the first cupcake recipes that I made my own was a peach cobbler recipe.  Kay, my fantastic mother-in-law, had a bunch of frozen peach slices in quart bags she prepared herself, and she gave me some...I had to figure out what to do with them!  I grew up eating peach cobbler for breakfast, served steaming hot in a bowl with cold milk poured on top of it....yum!  So I thought to myself that a peach cobbler cupcake seemed rare enough, I bet it would be fantastic!  I searched the Internet, and came across several recipes that looked worth a try. After some personal tweeks to the recipe, I had it down pat. Lets just say they were and are a huge hit! They just may be one of my personal favorites....full of spice and crumble topping, and bits of peaches in every bite.  Last fall, I made a several dozen and took them to Utah to sell at a Cancer Sucks Fundraiser my extended family did for my dear cousin Terre...several people bought a dozen each from me!  And those that tried them right then and there told me I was on to something....so my peach cobbler cupcakes were born! I have since tried several frosting companions, from peach infused whipped cream cheese to a simple confectioners sugar syrup to my famous fluffy vanilla frosting.  I have found the frosting choice is preference to how you grew up eating peach cobbler....but either way, there is nothing better! Ok, well, for some of you, I guess chocolate is always better....ha!

...with peach infused cream cheese frosting and a sprinkle of fresh nutmeg


...with confectioners sugar syrup

In remembrance of Terre Bjerregaard Holcomb
We love you, and miss you every day!
January 1969 - February 2011

1 comment:

  1. Really? You'd pour milk over your peach cobbler? I did hot cobbler with vanilla ice cream melted over the top. Yum! My brother made the BEST peach cobbler in the house.

    Ok... I want a peach cobbler cupcake! You know I'm a cream cheese frosting girl :) You could even make little gum paste peaches to put on top like a cherry.

    ReplyDelete